Gujarat: A prudent preference.....
- Strategic location giving easy accessibility to the western, middle-east and African markets
- As per Census 2001, the population of Gujarat stood at 5,06,71,000 constituting 4.93% of that of India.
- The population density of Gujarat now works out to 258 persons per sq. km as against the national average of 325 persons per sq. km.
- The average literacy rate in the state works out to 69.14%, of which male literacy accounts for as high as 79.66%
- Longest coastline among all states in India - 1600 Km dotted with 41 ports -- 1 major, 11 intermediate and 29 minor. Mundra, a private port offers 15 meters of permissible draft
- Rich heritage of entrepreneurial skill
- High level of industrialization: Investment equivalent to over US$ 184 billion underway
- Offering a highly productive and peaceful workforce in the country
- Present power generating capacity 9,700 MW (excluding 4,000 MW captive generation)- plans afoot to raise it to 20,725 MW in next five years.
- Excellent road network - length exceeding 74,000 Km linking all the regions of the State
- An efficient rail network connecting all important centers in the state - rail length as on 31/3/2005 was 5,188 route Km comprising 2736 km of BG, 1665 km of MG and 787 km of NG lines.
- Highest number of Airports - 11 - among all the states in India with Ahmadabad an international airport
- Second highest in India in terms of industrial production, lignite, petroleum and molding sand
- Fourth highest in India in overall mining of minerals
- Largest deposits of fluorite, agate and chalk
- Contributing almost 100% of Acrilonitrile, Cyanide Salts, PMMA, PP, Melamine, Sodium Bicarbonate and Phosphorus and as mucover 80% of Soda Ash, Xylene, Elastomer and LDPE in country's total production
- Quality network of educational institutions
- Excellent law and order situation
- Professional approach of the Government ah as nd Civil services.
To increase Infrastructure and sustain growth Government of Gujarat has published more than 175643 tenders in pass two year. These tender notices are published by various Government Department of Gujarat, Corporations, and State PSUs & Private Companies from Gujarat. To maintain transparency in public procurement system, Government of Gujarat has made it mandatory to all tenders above Rs 5 Lac are published through Online Tendering system. All e tenders are available on www.nprocure.com an official e-tendering portal for Government of Gujarat.
Apart from this interested bidders and Contractor, Supplier and manufacturer can get daily email alerts for Gujarat Tenders through Tender Detail. Single Sate Subscription for Gujarat Government Tenders through Tender Detail is very economical.